Wednesday, April 02, 2008

China Part One: Quintessential China









With over 20gigs of photos from my recent two week jaunt in China, I have my hands full sorting and editing. Just starting this task seemed unsurmountable, but i decided I would begin with all the famous places I visited and things that would be recognizable as China to anyone who hasn't been there. We begin with the Great Wall and the Marble Boat and move on to the Teracotta Warriors. Next come foggy pagodas, acrobatics shows, and farmers with water buffalo. We then finish with busy cities and to offset that the beautiful Carst Formations of Guilin, my favorite place on the trip. This is only the tip of the iceberg of photos I took on this trip. I had a really amazing time. More to come.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

These pictures are wonderful. Can't wait to see more. Looks like you had a wonderful time. I've always wanted to see the Great Wall and the Terracotta Warriors--but China's too far. I'll have to settle for your pictures and stories.--Nancy

Catpick said...

Good start, Joe. I'm anxious to see more. If those pictures are examples of what China looks like on a sunny day, then news about the pollution is not exaggerated. What was the weather like? I like your vantage points---the wall from a distance, the farmer from above, the acrobat up close. Hope you'll include more narrative with future posts, so we can get the story of the trip in addition to the photos.

Joe said...

Thanks for the comments, guys. I appreciate them. There will be more to come and of course it will have more narrative. I'm just so busy.

Unknown said...

I love the great wall picture. All of these are amazing. Can't wait to see more.