Sunday, April 13, 2008

China Part 2: The People

This section is dedicated to the people in China, both those that were on the trip with me and those that inhabit the Middle Kingdom.

That's me. Contemplating the deep fried scorpions. They were so delicious that everyone tried them and went back for seconds.


Then comes Drew, another of my best friends and an actor in Chicago.


Here are the other Eisenstein brothers: TJ pictured above and Michael pictured below.


He's exploding out of the building.

And here are the locals. This man was in a park in Beijing. His specialty was to bounce balls and catch them in his funny hat.

A traditional Chinese baby found in the Forbidden Palace.

One of the Hello Women who sell things throughout China. This one was selling scarves on the Great Wall.

One of many guards throughout China who police the area looking for miscreants.

This woman was painting inside of glass bottles with a fine brush on the Great Wall.

"I'm Dancing!" this woman stated as she entered our dining area and began to perform a traditional Chinese dance.

And finally my favorite. This man was riding by when I was waiting outside the Silk factory and was very happy that I was interested enough to take his picture.

4 comments:

Tiinn said...

man it looks like you guys are having fun. shoot me a trip report when you get back to japan.

Catpick said...

deep fried scorpion----eat them up, yummm!

I like the photos of the people of "the middle kingdom". You seem to have captured something of the culture in your photography.

Tiinn said...

joe were you aware that your mom knows how to use the internets?

Unknown said...

I like the traditional Chinese baby. But I wonder, what are the non-traditional babies like?