Sunday, June 28, 2009

Back to the Blog

I know it has been quite some time since my last installation and there is good reason for this. I have been very busy working on making the best photos available. I have back logs from the last four months and trust me, they are pretty good. I will however start with photos from my latest venture into the Middle East. It all began with my ten day Birthright trip in Israel and then blossomed into my solitary adventure into the wilds of Jordan, Egypt, and Turkey. Here are some of the better photos from Israel.

A man with his morning cup of coffee in Svat, Israel's mystical center.

People buying bread in a Jerusalem market.

The Old City wall and cathedral.

The Wailing Wall.

Floating in the Dead Sea and truly unique experience.

The landscape of the Golan Heights.

The ruins of Masada at the early hours of the morning.

The Old City of Jaffa outside of Tel Aviv.

More images on the way soon. Stay Tuned.

2 comments:

Catpick said...

So far, so good. I think the photo in the market is really interesting, with the Orthodox Jewish men in their traditional garb, next to the young woman using her cell phone.

I think, as far as your descriptions go, it is probably not accurate to characterize your travels as "into the wilds". I thought you went where there were lots of either people---just not necessarily the tourists.

Nanchy said...

Glad that you're back to posting photos. They're very good and interesting.