Monday, March 13, 2006

Meat Cradle

This is the first image I made with Adobe Illustrator. It is the design for a restaurant that Drew and Corey will be opening called the Meat Cradle. The premise of this restaurant is that all dishes are comprised entirely of meats and topped with meat gravy. No dish has fewer than two meats, for a example a bacon wrapped sausage or a ham covered steak would be normal items. This is my proposition for their logo, a baby in a cradle reaching up towards a mobile of meats. I want to change the mobile and add a cradle and I'm not sure why it came out in these colors since the true colors are reds. Let me know what you think Drew and Corey.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hysterical, Joe. I've never seen a treatment of the "Meat Cradle" except in my own brain, to see someone else give it vision fills me with pride and appreciation. The image is funny as hell. Keep up the good work.
-D

Anonymous said...

Like Sobey-san, I am very glad to see a concrete visual representation of the totally abstract and hysterical concept of a baby being drawn from the cradle toward a mobile of meats.

Now I don't know BENLD about adobe illustrator, but I think it would be funnier if, instead of looking like the baby is laying on the floor, it was being suspended dangling in air, as if a tractor beam from the meat aura was drawing it out of the innocence of its cradle and toward the temptation of a lustfully meaty life.