Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Review of Syriana

Syriana: A

I'm going to start this film review outright by saying that this is an incredible film that will not be appreciated by everyone. Even though the film features beautiful cinematography, complex narrative, an all star cast and a gripping plot that is both confusing and intoxicating, it will not be enjoyed, or even viewed by half the population, because it deals with the conflict in the Middle East and doesn't support the views of Conservative Republicans. Well if you can look past that and be entertained by a socially and politically charged film that shows the perils and downfalls of a gas-guzzling capitalist economy, then this film can also be for you. I thought this film was poignant and brilliantly done. I left the theater with many thoughts in my head weeks ago and am still churning them over now. Any film that can do that to me is worth a second watch and my recomendation.

No comments: