Monday, October 31, 2005

Review of Mirror Mask

Mirror Mask: D-

Oh, Jim Henson Studios, what were you thinking!? This was one of the most incoherent, abismal, bowel-loosening, vomit-inducing pieces of garbage I have ever sat through. Granted that it was tailored towards children, but even they would watch this and immediately soil themselves with disgust. I watched this movie because the trailer made it look visually stunning, but this just goes to prove that trailers are composed of lies. The plot was non-existant and the part I was looking forward to, the visuals, were, save a few exceptions, absolutely sub par. Who would have ever imagined that Jim Henson Studios would ever resort to digital instead of puppets? I wag my finger at you Jim. You screwed up and now I have to rub your face in it. No plot plus uninspired visuals equals bad movie. This was the most horrible regurgitation of Labrynth I have ever seen. The capstone of the movie was this brilliant final piece of dialogue:
"You would make a lousy waiter anyway."
"Ha ha ha, ha ha ha ha... What?"
The End

That is exactly how I felt. What? You made me sit through this!? Shame on you Jim Henson Studios. The only reason I don't give you an F is because I feel sorry for you.

No comments: